Coproduction: A Growing Trend in Factual. MIPDOC Panel Preview
I’m looking forward to MIPDoc, and particularly to the Coproduction Summit and the SVOD panel.
Here is the Agenda:
MIPDOC COPRODUCTION SUMMIT
Sunday, 2 April
8.45 Fire-Side Chat with David Royle, Executive Vice President, Programming & Production, Smithsonian Networks, USA
9.05 Roundtable discussion
9.20 Panel Discussion / Market evolution when it comes to international coproduction
- Nicolas Deschamps, Producer, Gédéon Programmes, France
- Laura Fleury, SVP/Head of Programming International, A+E Networks, USA
- Conrad Riggs, Head of Unscripted, Amazon Originals, USA
- Bo Stehmeier, SVP Global Sales, Red Arrow International, Germany
9.55 Wrap-up, Peter Hamilton, Peter Hamilton Consultants, Inc.
And here is my description of the forces at work in the revival of factual copro’s, which was published in the MIPDoc magazine.
THE SVOD PLAYING FIELD: THINKING LOCAL, GOING GLOBAL
Sunday 2 April, 10.15
- Online is proving a rich playing field for factual content.
- While global SVOD clients stack their lineups with A-list documentaries, niche local SVODs have global ambitions with a presence in multiple countries.
- In this session, a diverse panel of SVOD players unveil their business and editorial strategies, share upcoming projects and discuss partnership opportunities.
- Roger Jackson, Co-founder, Kinonation, USA
- Alexandre Michelin, Partner and Senior VP. Development , Digital Strategy and Distribution, Spicee Media, France
- Hugh Williams, Co-Founder and Director, Cirkus TV, UK
- Moderator: Peter Hamilton
Many thanks to ReedMidem’s MIPDoc team for the invitation to participate in these timely panels!
Original Analysis for Documentary Producers & Executives
Opportunities, Success Factors & Deal Terms
for Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Vimeo and other OTT/VOD Platforms
From DocumentaryTelevision.com with
distributor Kinonation’s Roger Jackson
Read More Here.
Download Now: $39.95