The Future of Video & the Internet: The Year of Live! Millennials, China, Shifts in Adspend, and More.
Mary Meeker is a legendary Silicon Valley analyst, guru and investor.
Each year, she delivers her annual Internet trends report to a rapt audience at Code Conference.
I’m sharing Meeker’s work because she provides both context and specific examples of the huge and accelerating disruption that all of us in the video industry are experiencing right now.
Here is the video:
Thankfully, you can visit Recode.net to follow along by reading Meeker’s PPT slides.
- The presentation is a dizzying experience, as she races through 213 slides.
- Topics covered include video’s role in the Internet, millennials, Live viewing, China, ad blockers, and much more.
- Meeker says “easy growth is behind us” as the newest Internet users are coming from less affluent countries.
Facebook / Live Video
- Meeker says that 2016 is the breakout year for Live Video. That’s certainly been my experiece in my consulting practice.
- I was particularly taken by a chart that captures meteoric rise of Facebook and Snapchat in the video ecosystem. (See slides 42+).
- I will soon publish a fascinating Producer Case Study related to Facebook Video.
- Meeker addresses China’s scale (668 Mn users) and growth of its Internet economy.
- She captures the rapid shift in advertising spending from China’s traditional to Internet media.
- Mary Meeker is a partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
- Her presentation was a feature at the 2016 Code Conference.
- Thanks to WildEarth‘s Graham Wallington for the tip!
Original Analysis for Documentary Producers & Executives
Opportunities, Success Factors & Deal Terms
for Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Vimeo and other OTT/VOD Platforms
From DocumentaryTelevision.com with
contributions from distributor Kinonation’s Roger Jackson
Read More Here.
Download Now: $39.95