WildLIVE! Comes to Wildscreen, Bristol
- LIVE is as hot as chili peppers.
- LIVE is popping up across territories, genres and formats.
- For example, just this week, A&E announced a live COPS documentary mini-series located in Dallas TX.
- At Wildscreen in Bristol, the BBC’s James Honeyborne will guide us through the risky moments during the Big Blue Live PBS copro event.
- The series celebrates a marine wildlife success story in Monterey Bay, California.
- And Nat Geo Wild’s Dan Salerno and WildEarth’s Graham Wallington analyze the strategies and operational challenges behind safariLIVE.
- safariLIVE is a twice daily online feed from Kruger National Park that is repackaged into repeatable programs, Facebook Video content, and more.
- I’m pleased to be the panel producer and moderator because LIVE is the dynamic space where conventional television formats and events meet the Wild West of online video.
- Channels need LIVE to capture the young viewers who are untethered from regular, scheduled television.
- A Blue Chip event that is a copro between major public broadcasters.
- And a continuing Live video window on to African wildlife.
A&E’s Fast Turnaround: COPS LIVE
- Meanwhile, A&E is jumping in to the national conversation on policing in America with Live PD.
- It’s a weekly live documentary series that takes viewers inside the country’s busiest police departments and the communities they patrol in real time.
- The network has ordered eight two-hour episodes of Live PD from Big Fish Entertainment, for premiere Friday, October 28 at 9 PM.
- Read more here…
- Watch out for my LIVE Takeaways from Wildscreen in a future post.
- WIVF’s ScriptDC, Washington DC, November 5: Documentary Distribution Landscape, moderated by Maryanne Culpepper
- Realscreen Summit Master Class, Washington DC, January 23: Production Budgeting with Elizabeth Ventura, the ‘budget whisperer’.
- AIDC, Melbourne, March 5-8. Btw, I’m very excited to join AIDC’s Advisory Committee. Great team! Great city! Great month to be a homie!!
Original Analysis for Documentary Producers & Executives