Sweet Spots: U.S. Factual Networks’ Production Cost Benchmarks
Production Cost Benchmarks for U.S. Factual Networks
- What do 29 channels pay for programs?
- For documentaries? And reality series?
- Is our commissioning team paying more or less than our competition?
- Do preferred producers earn a premium?
- Does my pitch fall in the budget sweet spot for my target network?
DocumentaryTelevision.com interviewed dozens of executives and producers to create a unique source of proprietary information about network budgets
International Documentary Buyers’ Guide
An invaluable and unique resource for producers who are seeking international partners. Created for Hot Docs 2012.
- 37 channels and slots.
- 40+ buyers.
- 17 countries.
- The slots. The deciders. Their filters.
Production Budget Template for a Documentary Special
By Elizabeth Ventura
Elizabeth is a Senior Consultant in Production Management with years of experience working on documentary and nonficton budgets for US and international networks. Her comprehensive production budget package saves producers time and uncertainty by immediately establishing professional credibility with network production managers. The package includes 35 account categories and many special features, including an Assumptions page and a Schedule Template.
Diary of a U.S. Reality Network Program Development Executive
Veteran Development Executive Stephen Harris Describes How U.S. Networks Commission Factual Programs
A How-to for producers on improving their chances of scheduling pitch meetings with commissioners, and then winning green lights for their concepts.
The Rise & Rise of ‘Pawn Stars’ and Leftfield Pictures
Pawn Stars from Leftfield Pictures is History Channel’s breakout hit show:
- It ranks #1 in 2012 amongst all U.S. cable non-fiction series.
- And averages more than 5.5 million viewers.
- In 2007, Leftfield produced 1 television hour. This year: more than 230!!
Our interview-based Case Study analyzes Leftfield’s trajectory and 'secret sauce'.
China’s Documentary Market: Development, Coproduction and Sales
What are the key success and risk factors involved in approaching the Chinese market? Our interview-based white paper provides valuable data and key contacts.
- Four major networks and several emerging players
- China’s leading syndicator of nonfiction series and specials
The data includes:
- Channel Profiles
- Takeaways & Analysis
- Interview notes
- And more…
Receive regular updates after MIPCOM and the major markets.
Special Promotional Offer $195.00
Crowd-funding for Documentaries – Case Study: Kickstarter & Plimpton!
Learn the secrets of Kickstarter from a successful documentary campaign
- How do you plan a campaign?
- And execute it?
- How much tax-free cash can a doc earn from a Kickstarter effort?
We will review your project and provide an initial assessment with recommended Next Steps.