What do the Channels Want?
The International Documentary Buyers’ Guide (published June 2013) answers these questions:
- Which channels worldwide buy documentaries?
- How many do they buy?
- What are their dedicated slots?
- What are they looking for?
- What are their filters?
- Are the buyers open to international partnerships?
- Who are the key contacts?
- How can you reach them?
Also, whenever we have the data:
- What do the channels pay?
- For acquisitions?
- For co-productions?
The Buyers’ Guide is an invaluable resource for producers who are working on their strategies for pitching ideas or selling completed programs to channels.
- Australia, Canada, China, Columbia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Over 35 broadcasters
- SBS Australia, Astral Media, Blue Ant Media, CBC, CBC News Network, Corus Entertainment, Discovery Channel Canada, iChannel, Knowledge Canada, Shaw Media, SRC-Canada, Super Channel, TVO, Hunan TV Station, RTVC, DR Denmark, YLE Finland, ARTE France, Planete+, ProSieben Sat.1, S.H. Channel 8, yesDocu, RAI Italy, NHK Japan, EBS Korea, AVRO Netherlands, SVT & SVT2 Sweden, BBC, Al Jazeera English, POV, CNN, Discovery International, HBO Documentary Films, MSNBC, National Geographic Channel and more
- Executive Personnel
- Channel Profiles
- Documentary Profiles
- Recent acquisitions and green lights
- Analysis of how and what broadcasters are looking to acquire
- Current strands
- Final takeaways so that you can make informed, research-backed decisions
- Links to broadcaster websites
- Further valuable reading and resources from DocumentaryTelevision.com
- The International Documentary Buyers’ Guide 2013-14 flows from the work completed by Peter Hamilton Consultants for Hot Docs Forum 2013.
$94.95 / Download Now