MIPDoc Takeaways: A Video Interview for China’s Unscripted Marketplace
Content China‘s Carrie Huo sat down with me in Cannes to chat about trends in the Unscripted video sector worldwide.
- The Mandarin-subtitled interview was aimed at China’s documentary and reality producers.
- The video is distributed on the ad-supported Media Plus China platform.
- It is worth a look just for the production value and ad load!
Topics covered include:
- SVOD originals.
- Channels will require a lot of content for a long time.
- Netflix, Nat Geo and the ‘swing back to quality.’
- The evolution of China’s documentary sector.
- VR’s limited relevance for documentary story-telling.
- Incremental technical changes, including 4K.
Here is the link to the interview:
And stills to give you the flavor.
Thanks to Carrie Huo and her team at Content China.
- Carrie expertly syndicates DocumentaryTelevision.com in Mandarin.
- Here is a sample: Our profile of documentary distributor Windrose.