Archive Valley is an innovative online platform for documentary creators.
Our platform gives producers convenient access to fresh archive footage sources and to top archive researchers worldwide.
I’m Melanie Rozencwajg, Co-founder and CEO of Archive Valley, and I’m writing to you from our Paris HQ to tell you about the new, efficient archive research solution we’re creating, and to encourage you to take advantage of free access to our Beta platform!
- Our goal is to make it faster, easier and more cost-effective to research and license material from unique sources worldwide.
- We have created an easy-to-use online pathway to the vast universe of footage that is waiting to be discovered and used by documentarians to tell their unique stories.
At Archive Valley, we’re developing AI systems that will allow our platform to:
- Turn complex queries about footage into data that generates more relevant matches with archive sources.
- Help predict which sources may have material worth checking out.
“Since first meeting you at Sunny Side of the Doc this year, Archive Valley has proved to be an invaluable resource for our documentary series. As you know, archival materials are the life blood of our programs and we are constantly searching for new sources. With your help we’ve been able to unearth “buried treasure” from new international sources that we never even knew existed. Thanks so much for your help on all aspects of researching and licensing great footage.” Tom Jennings, Peabody Award winning producer, 1895 Films
“Archive Valley has put me in touch with archive providers I never would have thought to ask for the footage I was looking for.” Lewanne Jones, Archive Producer
500 Researchers / 50+ Countries
- The centerpiece of our offer is Archive Valley’s vetted community of 500+ archive researchers.
- They are based in 50+ countries.
- They have a record of finding unique images for major productions.
- Many of them are available to hire through Archive Valley for projects that require specific knowledge, languages and unique access.
- They are ready to be hired for your productions!
“There are so many layers of complexity involved in the research process. We believe the licensing market would benefit from some simplification. We are on a mission to make it easy and painless to access unique archives on demand.” Melanie Rozencwajg, Archive Valley
Value for Content Creators:
- Producers can make detailed footage requests in their own words.
- These requests link them with relevant and unique footage sources around the world.
- They receive
- Preview material
- Shot lists
- Pricing estimates
- Estimates of the licensing fees
- Email notifications directly in their everyday Inbox.
- Producers license directly from the source:
- They can pay any source in our network by credit card.
Value for Archive Sources:
- Reach new markets with your material!
- Market your collection on Archive Valley to promote your collection to content creators around the world.
- Increase your licensing sales potential.
- Receive curated requests from top production companies and vetted archive researchers, and follow up directly in a secure platform.
- Our platform filters out irrelevant requests as you respond to them.
- Let us know if you’re already working with someone, and our platform will stop sending you notifications from them.
- Set your own prices
- Use your own licensing agreements
- Receive payment directly on the platform from producers worldwide.
“Out there, hundreds of unique collections remain dormant or are only known by a few and we wanted to give them the visibility they deserve.” Melanie Rozencwajg, Archive Valley
- Our platform is free to access during our beta test period which lasts until the end of the year.
- Making and receiving footage requests is also free during the beta.
- In the near future we plan to offer a premium model aimed at productions with high archive spending and high production volume.
- We will give these producers privileged access to our community of archive talent plus dedicated project support.
CEO, Archive Valley, Paris
Read more about Melanie and her vision for Archive Valley here
AN ADVANCE LOOK AT ARCHIVE VALLEY’S NEW INTERFACE:
Screenshot 1 – Researcher makes a detailed footage request to be matched with providers worldwide.
Screenshot 2 – Researcher selects a country to see profiles of vetted professional archive researchers who are available for hire.
Screenshot 3 – Researcher checks out each archive professional’s profile to get a sense of their experience and specialisation. [For example, James McDonald was one of our earliest beta users, and is a veteran archive researcher for television and the big screen.]
The Archive Valley Team
Team Left to Right – Rohit Basnet, Development Intern / Devendra Bajaj, CTO / Jhava Chikli, Co-founder and COO / Joe Lukawski, Growth Manager / Melanie Rozencwajg, Co-founder and CEO / Guillaume Renaud, Head of Partnerships / Camille Chavanne, Project Manager
This post is sponsored by Archive Valley, Paris