ABC Australia is implementing a major reorg that will see all programming report to Rebecca Heap in her new role, head of audience and digital.
ABC said the reorg was a reaction to ‘dramatic audience behaviour shifts’ and meant it was taking a ‘platform agnostic’ approach to creating and distributing programming.
Creative responsibilities will be divided between between the heads of non-scripted and scripted production.
- Brendan Dahill, formerly head of programming, will head-up the non-scripted division.
- Reporting to him will be Mandy Chang as head of arts, Steve Bibb as head of factual, Jon Casimir as head of entertainment and Justin Holdforth as head of events.
- The head of scripted will be filled on an interim basis by director of television Richard Finlayson.
- Sally Riley will head indigenous content, and Rick Kalowski will be head of comedy.
- Alistair McKinnon takes an expanded role as deputy head of production, across both drama and unscripted efforts at ABC and will work with Australia’s various regional funding bodies.
- Read Stewart Clarke’s full report in TBI.
Here again is my mini-interview with Rebecca, recorded after our VOD panel at AIDC earlier this month.