Here is my expanded selection of our ever-popular and instructive Case Studies.
- Each documentary or reality project is unique.
- The 21-project collection is a mosaic that describes models for your future productions.
- As they say in Recovery programs: “Take what you like, and leave the rest!”
Read now before my free, practical research and analysis vanishes behind our paywall:
- In Ebola’s Wake: A High-risk, Fast Turnaround Documentary for Al Jazeera
- Nat Geo Takes The Archive Global: Challenger Disaster: The Lost Tapes
- MLK: The Assassination Tapes won a Peabody
- AIDS: The Rise of the Killer Virus, a Berlin-based copro
- Fidel Castro! A PBS / NGC International copro
- The Lost Kennedy Home Movies for History U.S.
- Bill Gates on Jonas Salk and the polio vaccine for Smithsonian Channel and BBC4.
- Every Face Has A Name from Sweden uses 4K to unlock value from the archive.
- BESA: A seven year WW2 passion project.
Our unique coverage of the archive is sponsored with thanks by ITN Source.
Risk: Pushing the Limits
- Siberian Cliffhanger: A NYC producer takes on enormous financial and personal risk deep in the Russan Arctic.
A Giant Screen Hit
- Flight of the Butterflies: $40 million box office… and counting.
- Post includes Nat Geo‘s all-time Top 5 Giant Screen hits.
Kickstarter How To’s
- Bill Nye: $859,425 is a crowd-funding record!
- The Amazing Randi earns $246,000
- George Plimpton’s classy campaign
- ABBA: The $500,000 Aussie / Swedish Love Doc
- Dinosaur Stampede: A global copro from our friends in WA.
- Pawn Stars launched Leftfield from startup to massive buyout.
- A Celebrity / Paranormal hit was conceived in a New York cab.
- Fugees Pras and hit comedian Marlon Wayans back Sweet Micky documentary
- $40+ million gross for an angry polemic against president Obama
- Citizen Science: Nearly $3.0 Mn funding by NSF.