October 13 is the last date for producers and production executives to register for your eight guaranteed 1-on-1 meetings with potential copro partners like Netflix, Amazon, Televisa, FOX Networks, Discovery, Globo and more!
The new MIP Cancun Co-Production Matchmaking Market, November 15-17, 2017, will be the leading one-to-one partnership forum for Latin America.
- As well as pre-scheduled 1-to-1 meetings, MIP Cancun features roundtable networking, screenings and more.
- Participants in the co-production market will enjoy cross-networking opportunities with those at the MIP Cancun Distribution Market, including top buyers in Latin America and international distributors.
Growth and Opportunity
- The Latin American and US Hispanic TV industry is among the fastest growing in the world.
- The growth in demand for new content is driven by new channels and increasing ad revenues.
- There is heightened interest to find new original hits, pitch content, and develop the new partnerships that are required to feed the growing demand for affordable productions.
This is why MIP Cancun is extending its winning 1-to-1 matchmaking format to the international and Latin American production community.
Secure your place by October 13 to ensure you receive eight guaranteed meetings with leading copro partners, at mipcancun.com/attend
- The Co-Production Matchmaking Market provides a highly efficient 3-day programme to match production partners and facilitate new projects and co-productions.
- The guiding philosophy of MIP Cancun is that the right partnerships, business deals and friendships are best made in an intimate, relaxed environment where face-to-face meetings and relationship building are top priority.
Who should attend?
- Pay TV & Public Channels: Commissioners, Heads of Development, Production Executives
- Independent Production Companies: Executive Producers
- International Studios: Heads of Production and Co-Production, Regional Directors
- OTT/SVOD Platforms: Development and Regional Production Executives
- Brands: Marketing Directors, Branded Content Executives.
Who is Confirmed?
Here are just a few of the companies attending the MIP CANCUN co-pro summit:
- Diego Avalos, Director International Originals Latin America, Netflix, USA
- Gonzalo Fiure, SVP & Chief Content Officer, FOX Networks Group Latin America, US
- Agustín Caso, Manager of Content Partnerships en Google/ YouTube, Mexico
- Michela Giorelli, VP Production and development, Discovery Channel Latin America
- Raphael Correa, Executive director of International Business, Globo, Brazil
- Francisco Morales, Sr Director Acquisitions, Amazon
- Toni Sevilla, Director de Contenidos, Canales y Programas, TVE, Spain
- Laura Fernández Espeso, Head of International Content, Mediapro, Spain
- Ana Celia Urquidi, Directora general de estrategia y talento, TV Azteca, Mexico
- Angel Zambrano, SVP de adquisición de contenidos y operaciones, Turner Latin America, US
- Tiago Mello, Executive Producer, Boutique Filmes, Brazil
- Diego Ramirez Schrempp, Executive producer, Dynamo Producciones, Colombia
- Alejandro Toro Canal, Director of New Production Business, Caracol, Colombia
- Maria Aparecida Fontes, Head of production, EBC, Brazil
- Carolina Leconte, VP Creative, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Mexico
- Mario Muñoz, Director General de Innovación y Bench Mark, Televisa, México
- Daniel Burman, Founder, Oficina Burman, Argentina
- Ana Cecilia Alvarado, Jefa de desarrollo de contenido, Ecuavisa, Ecuador
- Maria Iregui, VP Negocios Estrategicos, RCN, Colombia
- David Burns, VP, Originals & Content Licensing, Fusion Media Group, US
- Paula Taborda Dos Guaranys, Content Manager, Gloob, Brazil
- Erica Branch-Ridley, HITN, Creative Director – Children’s Media – Hispanic Information & Telecommunications Network, Inc. (HITN), US
- Ismael Calleja Baldominos, Movistar+, Head of Business Affairs – Series & Movies Original Programming, Spain
- Domingo Corral, Director de Produccion original, Movistar +, Spain
- Roy Ashton, Head of TV, The Gersh Agency, USA
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Mexico: VP Creative
- WDR Mediagroup Germany: Head of Content
- SER Panama: Subdirector general de televisión
- YLE , Finland : Head of sales
- Imagina, US : SVP Content & Production
- ZDF Enterprises (Germany): Director Drama
Download the latest list of registered companies. It’s growing daily!
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM?
- The Co-Production Matchmaking Market consists of a 4-point program to match production partners, facilitate new projects & co-productions, and introduce participants to decision makers.
1-To-1 Pre-Scheduled Meetings:
- MIP Cancun offers the unique opportunity to receive a personalized agenda of up to eight pre-scheduled 1-to-1 meetings with a wide range of companies.
- These include channel development executives (heads of content, VP Creative, heads of drama…), financial partners, as well as international and Latin American production studios.
- In order to take part in the pre-scheduled 1-to-1 meetings, delegates need to register before October 13, 2017.
- Once registered, delegates access MIP Cancun’s matchmaking tool to set up a company profile, select and prioritize meeting preferences, and receive a bespoke meeting schedule about 1 week before MIP Cancun starts.
- Additional meetings can be organized before arrival or directly on-site thanks to the MIP Cancun mobile networking App with all participants’ contacts!
30 Minutes With:
- Up close sessions with top leaders in TV content.
- A strategic moment to receive programming and production briefs directly from senior executives from industry leading companies.
- Intimate sessions up to 50 delegates where top execs will talk about their programming and production strategies.
- Among companies invited to participate: Caracol, Dynamo, Fox Networks Group Latin America, Mediapro, Netflix, Turner, TVE, TV Azteca …..
Face To Face Roundtables:
- An opportunity to get face-to-face with top Channel Commissioners and Production Executives with up to 10 delegates per table.
- Participants have 3 minutes to introduce themselves, pitch an idea, or simply ask questions directly to the decision makers heading the table.
- Advance sign up is booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Meet with the full community of Buyers, Distributors & Production Executives during exclusive screenings, shared conferences, networking events (lunches, dinners, drinks).
- Also through the MIP Cancun global Networking App you can connect to all participants including 160 Latam buyers and 180 international distributors attending the MIP Cancun Distribution Market!
- The Co-Production Matchmaking Market will take place at the Moon Palace Cancun, in parallel to the well-known distribution 1-to-1 market attended by international distributors and Latam buyers.
What’s included in your registration?
- Up to eight 1-to-1 pre-scheduled meetings with a wide range of potential partners, including production companies and channels’ development executives
- All inclusive package (3 night’s hotel, meals and drinks) at the show venue, Moon Palace Cancun
- Access to all networking events, cocktails and parties
- Access to the “30 Minutes with” sessions, conferences, Keynotes and exclusive screenings
- Participation in the Face to Face Round Tables
- Delegate lounge access throughout the event for self-selected meetings
- Access to the MIP Cancun App and Database
Key Reasons to Attend!
- Meet 1-to-1 with new partners to move forward or start new projects: production companies, channels development executives, financiers, commissioners and distributors
- Discover and pitch new ideas and co-production opportunities
- Receive exclusive programming and production briefs to accelerate your 2018 strategy
- Establish relationships with a wide range of production companies from Latin America, US Hispanic and international markets in an intimate format which consistently gets the industry’s highest ratings
- Join the program of panels, case studies and keynotes on content creation and production.
- Network with the full MIP Cancun community of production executives, buyers, and distributors
- Secure your place by October 13 to ensure you receive a slot, at www.mipcancun.com/attend
(Content sponsored by MIP Cancun)