Our International Documentary Buyers’ Guide 2012 is an invaluable and unique resource for producers who are seeking international partners:
- 37 channels and slots.
- 40+ buyers.
- 17 countries.
The International Documentary Buyers’ Guide was researched, edited and published for delegates who attended the Hot Docs Forum 2012.
Photo: Karina Astrup
What do the Channels Want?
- Which channels worldwide buy documentaries?
- How many do they buy?
- What are their dedicated slots?
- What are they looking for?
- What their filters?
- Are the buyers open to international partnerships?
- Who are the key contacts?
- How can you reach them?
Also, whenever we have the data:
- What do the channels pay?
- For acquisitions?
- For co-productions?
The Buyers’ Guide is an invaluable resource for producers who are working on their strategies for pitching ideas or selling completed programs to channels.
- Australia, Canada, China, Columbia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK, US and more
- SBS Australia, PBS, ITVS, Astral Media, CBC News Network, CBC, Discovery Channel Canada, High Fidelity HDTV, Knowledge Network, Shaw Media, SRC- Canada, Super Channel, TVO, ZoomerMedia
- CCTV Documentary Channel, Hunan TV Station, RTVC, DR Denmark, YLE Finland, ARTE France, NDR Germany, Noga, yesDocu, Rai Italy,
- NHK Japan, Once TV México, AVRO Netherlands, NRK, SVT & SVT2, BBC, A&E, POV, CNN, Documentary Channel, HBO, Link TV, NBC Universal and more
- Executive Personnel
- Channel Profiles
- Documentary Profiles
- Recent acquisitions and green lights
- Analysis of how and what broadcasters are looking to acquire
- Current strands
- Final takeaways — so that you can make informed, research-based decisions
- Links to broadcaster websites
- Further valuable reading and resources from DocumentaryTelevision.com
- The International Documentary Buyers’ Guide 2012 is an outcome of the work completed by Peter Hamilton Consultants with the team behind Hot Docs Forum 2012.
- Industry veteran Joseph Langhan (a key player in the planning and launch of the Food Network) and Peter Hamilton contributed research and strategic takeaways to the Hot Docs Guide to Attending Buyers.
WORKSHOP AT WESTDOC
What Do U.S. Networks Want?
How Can You Get It?
Sunday, September 9
Come to my one-of-a-kind intensive workshop with charismatic reality TV series developer and executive producer, Stephen Harris.
- What do US factual channels want?
- For docs? And Reality?
- How do programmers make decisions?
- How much do they pay producers?
- Who gets the work?
- A grasp of how the nonfiction business works.
- Really valuable data and contacts.
- Constructive pitching guidance.
- Assessments of your projects.
- Options for going forward!
- All this, plus two gurus, and much, much more.
- Click here to register
- Workshop attendees earn a 10% Westdoc Conference and Workshop discount using the registration code: HAMILTON12