MIPDoc is coming up fast.
Scheduled in Cannes during the weekend before MIPTV, MIPDoc combines valuable networking opportunities, screenings by buyers, and informative sessions on industry trends.
You can read about the MIPDoc programme here.
Rise of Online Platforms
Last week, I went on a fascinating tour of U.S. broadcasters and cable channels.
- The meetings confirmed that the cable/satellite business model is under huge pressure from online platforms.
- Each network has developed its own strategic response based on its brand, budget, audience, advertisers, subscriber cord-cutting, importance within the parent company’s bouquet, and so on.
- The channels remain highly profitable with enviable margins: they are not going away.
- And public broadcasters, particularly in Europe, remain well-funded.
Why MIPDoc Matters
- MIPDoc will reveal how U.S. and International channels are working together as they respond to the challenge from online video services.
- I’m delighted to be moderating the conversation with Shin Yasuda (NHK) and Nicolas Deschamps (Gedeon) that follows the premiere of JAPAN FROM ABOVE.
- The invitation-only Coproduction Summit is another highlight of MIPDoc, and I’m honored to be a moderator.
I’m looking forward to catching up with colleagues along the Croisette.
More on the Rise of VOD