Don’t miss the opportunity to pitch buyers and funders at the internationally-renowned documentary marketplace in La Rochelle from 24 to 27 June 2019.
Each June, Sunny Side of the Doc creates a unique opportunity for the most exciting non-fiction concepts to be pitched in front of 300 top-level international buyers, commissioners and distributors.
Through 5 highly-coveted pitching sessions and targeted matchmaking, a selection of 30 projects will receive crucial insights, find potential partners, and seal financing deals.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The 2019 Call for Projects is open to all talents, filmmakers, producers, digital content creators and interactive designers looking to develop their ideas into factual series, documentary one-offs, feature-length films, short formats, interactive projects and immersive experiences in a wide array of genres:
- Science & Nature
- Arts & Culture
- Social & Human Interest
- Natural History & Wildlife
We accept submissions from all countries. All applications should be made in English, and all pitching sessions will be conducted in English.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION CRITERIA?
Sunny Side of the Doc is seeking non-fiction projects that are in development or already in production.
They must be impactful stories with global appeal.
Submissions will be assessed and reviewed by an international expert jury based on the following criteria:
- The strength and originality of the story
- The international and innovative potential
- The unbiased quality of information
- The evidence of social impact
- The commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Presentations are strictly limited to 15 minutes.
- 7 minutes are allowed for the pitch including the trailer…
- And 8 minutes for Live Q&A with the decision-makers.
- Pitching in this prestigious Live Event setting brings increased visibility for your work and a unique opportunity to develop your international network.
- Pre-arranged one-to-one meetings with key decision-makers are organized for the selected pitchers so that they can get straight into creative and financial discussions.
- The best pitched projects will be awarded by our sponsors, in cash and/or in kind (list of awards to be confirmed).
CT (Czech Republic)
Canal + Group (France)
Press TV (Iran)
National Geographic Channel
TV 2M (Morocco)
Ikondocs @ Eo (Netherlands)
ABS-CBN Global Ltd. (Philippines)
Telewizja Polska S.A. (Poland)
Al Jazeera Documentary (Qatar)
KBS (South Korea)
Curiosity Stream (USA)
and many more…
- Register online for Sunny Side of the Doc 2019
- Submit your project in the dedicated area of the Community Space using your login details: http://www.community.sunnysideofthedoc.com/
- For more information, rules and guidelines, visit the webpage: https://www.sunnysideofthedoc.com/call-for-projects
- Should you have any question about your project’s eligibility, please contact email@example.com prior to submission.
STAND UP FOR SCIENCE!
DOCUMENTARY NEEDS EUROPE!
This year’s focus is on Germany, one the main hubs for European documentary production, in association with German Films will foster new creative partnerships with German talents, broadcasters, digital players and facilitate international co-productions across Europe.
Sunny Side of the Doc is the international marketplace for documentary and narrative experiences, each year bringing together broadcasters, decision makers, cultural stakeholders, financing bodies, distributors, content creators and producers from around the world to sell or buy projects and programmes, and to find coproduction partners.
The 4-day event creates unique opportunities for all +2,000 professionals from 50 countries, to follow the latest industry trends, present 700 original stories, and make new connections through a variety of high-level pitching sessions, panel discussions, networking activities and the added value of an exhibition space.
Its digital mediation spot, PiXii, becomes the definitive meeting point for digital cultures giving a business view of the real power of installations based on VR, AR, 3D imaging, 3D sound, AI, Apps to enhance the museums, heritage sites and cultural institutions experiences.
The 30th Anniversary Edition will be held in La Rochelle from June 24-27, 2019.