Sunny Side of the Doc 2019 broke new ground for attendance from all sectors of the documentary eco-system.
And that’s aside from the big step up in engagement that all the delegates felt throughout this year’s exciting event in beautiful La Rochelle.
The highlight was the packed presentation by Netflix documentary executive Diego Buñuel.
Here are the key metrics:
- 2,333 documentary professionals
- +16% vs 2018 (2,005)
- 60 nationalities
- 580 projects and programs registered
- 600 one-to-one meetings
- 283 decision-makers
- They represent 120 channels & platforms worldwide
- 1,214 companies registered (48% international)
- 116 booths
- 38 new exhibiting companies
- 146 cultural stakeholders
(Location-based entertainment, museums, institutions)
(+ % Variation vs 2018)
|Asia Pacific (-5%)||128|
|North America (+18%)||140|
|Latin America (+34%)||35|
|Middle East & Africa (+77%)||16|
With Yves Jeanneau, executive director of Sunny Side
TOP 10 Represented Countries
- 50-50 Men and Women (+7 women)
Copro Panel with Sophie Parrault, Stéphane Milliere, Caroline Behar
DELIVERING ORIGINAL CONTENT
The Sunny Side / DocumentaryBusiness.com content partnership enjoyed a successful launch.
- Our mission is to delver valuable analysis and context for all participants in the documentary eco-system throughout the year, and not just at conference time.
Working closely with Sunny Side head of Comms Aurélie Reman we delivered:
- Four detailed Case Studies of successful productions and co-productions
- Seven podcasts:
- 4 Science Buyers at Sunny Side (see banner below)
- 3 producers describing Case Study projects
- Co-produced two key panels:
- The Co-pro panel led by Caroline Behar that followed Ellen Windemuth‘s keynote in the opening session
- The APOLLO panel on story-telling and the Archive with Bernadette McDaid (Nat Geo International) and Peabody Award-winner Tom Jennings.
- Produced and presented 5 Meet The Executive sessions
- Curated and published 7 monthly News Roundups
- Each one reaches 40,000+/- industry professionals worldwide
NEXT COMES 2020!
- 22-25 June 2020, La Rochelle
- Main Theme : HISTORY/MEMORY
(Sunny Side Photos: Jean-Francois Auge)