What are the key trends for 2015 in documentary distribution?
Jan Rofekamp is president & ceo of Films Transit International and a veteran documentary sales agent based in Montreal.
- He has been associated with many classics and major award-winners.
- My top pick among these is Noam Chomsky on ‘Manufacturing Consent’.
- His catalog is here and at http://www.filmstransit.com.
We caught up in Thessaloniki where Jan kindly shared his Takeaways, which I captured on my phone.
He talks about:
- Overall demand is stable, though with declining prices.
- Producers enjoy access to buyers at small festivals like Thessaloniki.
- European training workshops are valuable ebcause they help develop projects and mentor producers.
- And more!
- MIPDoc, Cannes, Saturday April 11 – Sunday April 12
- Center for Communications, New York: ‘In Conversation With…’ Monday April 27 (Documentaries) & Thursday April 30 (Reality)
- South African Indies / ATFT, Jo’burg, Durban + Cape Town, Friday April 17 – Wednesday April 22
- On Screen Manitoba, Winnipeg, Tuesday May 5
- Atlanta MasterClass, with Tomorrow Pictures, Saturday May 16
- Sunnyside of the Doc, La Rochelle, June 22-25