Today’s podcast guest from Munich is DR REINER MORITZ.
Our topic: Trends in the Arts Category, including Performances and Documentaries about the Arts.
Reiner Moritz is a highly-regarded industry veteran.
- Dimitri Shostakovitch, Ann Sophie Mutter, Peter Brook, Herbert von Karajan, Robert Hughes…
- He has been a friend and associate with more great artists, orchestras, broadcasters and production partners than I could list in several posts.
- Now in his ‘Eighties, he remains an inspiring creative and commercial force.
- Reiner Moritz is also in a brilliant position to review trends in the business.
- He is the only professional who has attended every MIP event since its launch in the early ‘Sixties.
In This Week’s Podcast
In 25 minutes, we cover:
- How the international sales and coproduction model was launched in the ‘Sixties.
- How it evolved.
- What is driving the model today?
- The key Arts players, then and now.
- How aspiring producers can best make contact with buyers and partners.
- And much, much more.
- Reiner Moritz’s Poorhouse International distribution and production company
- Read about his Franco Zeffirelli project and more in Mipnews Zeffirelli
- My podcast with Off The Fence’s’ Ludo Dufour as he revisits his presentation on the fundamentals of Distribution, which was a highlight of the 2018 NEWF Conference in Durban.
- Niche distributor, Windrose’s Pauline Mazenod on how she prepares for the MIPTV market.
And a Video Interview
- Several years ago, I recorded on my phone a video interview with Reiner Moritz about the emergence in 1963 of MIPTV as a market for the exchange of international programs.
- You can watch here.
- Its a low quality video, but describes a very interesting moment in the history of our business!