Sam Barcroft has built a pioneering production company that is successfully adapting to the new digital content universe.
He describes Barcroft Media‘s strategy of servicing traditional channels, SVOD services like Netflix, and the new digital platforms like Facebook.
Facebook Watch is a Winner:
- Barcroft is an early and enthusiastic production partner for Facebook Watch.
- Launched last November, Watch reports 134 million daily viewers.
- The relationship has earned nearly half a billion views of Barcroft series from Facebook users.
- He says: “For Facebook, it’s all about shows that engage communities. It’s not about vertical, thematic channels!”
In our 22-minute podcast, Sam Barcroft shares his strategy, scale, pipeline, and key shows.
We conclude with his Takeaways on why Facebook Watch is a winner for the social media giant as well as for the producers who are qualified to partner with the social media giant.
(Note: our WiFi connection briefly dropped in and out during the recording.)
A sampler of Barcroft Media series
Read More Here
Our coverage of trends in measuring digital engagement in video content is sponsored by Parrot Analytics.
- Trends in How Americans View, Measure and Value Programs. A Podcast with Byron Media’s Dr John Morse
- How to Measure and Value Audiences for Unscripted Programs. A Podcast with Parrot Analytics’ Courtney Williams
- THE CLEANERS An Anti-Case Study From Berlin: UPDATE
- The Development History of NATIVE AMERICA, a $3-4 million Signature PBS Series
- Program Development & Pitching Trends. Podcast with Michael Hoff
Updated August 2018
Original analysis and coverage from DocumentaryBusiness.com
95+ pages, with charts and links