Ellen Windemuth launched OFF THE FENCE from her basement 25 years ago.
In this week’s podcast, Ellen:
- Looks back at her company’s launch.
- Reflects on the particular challenges then for women in a male-dominated industry.
- Explores how Off The Fence grew into an industry-leading independent distributor / producer with a turnover of around $20 million.
- Describes her company’s recent acquisition by ZDF Enterprises.
- And looks into the future of factual television in the age of Netflix.
Listen here to Ellen Windemuth, Off The Fence founder and CEO
- ZDFE.unscripted at MIPDoc & MIPTV: Highlights from the Wildlife, Science, History & Entertainment Catalog
- Ludo Dufour‘s detailed presentation and podcasts from NEWF 2018 on the nuts and bolts of financing and distributing quality documentaries and unscripted programs. Ludo is Managing Director, Sales & Co-Productions for Off The Fence.
- The Off The Fence team has been cheerleaders and supporters of my newsletter since the very first day of my launch.
- Congrats on your 25th and your acquisition by my highly respected friends at ZDF Enterprises.
- I wish every success to the new ZDFE.unscripted team led by Ralf Rueckauer and Ellen.
- Ralf and Ellen will present A Strategic Update on their future cooperation, plus their latest program highlights for MIPDoc. That’s on Sunday 7 April from 15.30-16.15 in the JW Marriott Grand Theatre. I’m honored to be moderating.