Independent filmmaker Pat McGee explores the fast track production of his feature documentary Bernie Blackout: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised .
- The Concept: documenting Bernie Sanders’ campaign and the media bias against him.
- His unique access to the Sanders campaign.
- The High-risk decision to commit to the production without a buyer.
- The value of capturing a social scientist’s analysis of the ‘Bernie Bro’ attack against Sanders’ supporters.
- The unexpected pitch and offer from VICE.
- High-speed post-production.
We conclude with a discussion of the opportunities for independent filmmakers who view the world from the Left versus for corporate or rightwing film makers.
Listen to my pod-versation with Pat McGee (25′).
The BERNIE BLACKOUT podcast and Case Study are sponsored by Footage.net, the world’s premier online video stock footage search platform providing instant access to millions of online screening clips and text records from the world’s top footage collections on a single site.
Detailed Case Study
- Read my detailed Bernie Blackout Case Study with Pat McGee (above) here.
- Read Gregory Crofton’s coverage of the rightwing documentary producers who have been prominent members of the Trump circle.
- Watch out for more coverage here.