Ludo Dufour is the Managing Director, Sales & Co-Productions for OFF THE FENCE, the leading independent non-fiction specialist based in Amsterdam.
We connected last June in Durban at NEWF, that super-exciting African conference linking Conservation and Filmmaking.
- I was taken by Ludo’s presentation on the nuts and bolts of financing and distributing quality documentaries and unscripted programs.
- He was highly informative about how a top distributor goes about their complex, creative business.
- And full of strategic takeaways by addressing key trends.
(Off the Fence was acquired by ZDF Enterprises, per January 7, 2019 announcement. Read more here.)
Ludo kindly accepted my invitation to share his presentation in a podcast.
- The recording is in two parts, each less than 20 minutes.
- Readers can follow along with Ludo’s PPT slides (below.)
Thanks Ludo: your expertise and enthusiasm are valued by industry newcomers and veterans alike.
Podcast: Ludo Dufour, Part 1
Podcast: Ludo Dufour, Part 2
Ludo’s Presentation at NEWF 2018
About Ludo Dufour
- Ludo manages Off The Fence‘s Sales, Marketing, Business Affairs & Acquisitions departments.
- He is responsible for linear and VOD content sales and production-financing globally, with direct focus on USA.
- Before joining Off the Fence, in March 2011, Ludo spent 5 years in London, where he worked in communications, international programme sales and social responsibility for MTV Networks International (now Viacom Media Networks International).
- A French-native, he graduated from the European Business School in Lyon (INSEEC France) with a master’s degree in international business development.
Ludo at the NEWF Conference in Durban:
A bigger smile than ever because France had just won the World Cup.
About Our Sponsors
- Off The Fence has become a valued sponsor of DocumentaryBusiness.com,
- Their financial support and access to their expertise allows me to provide insights into distribution throughout the year.
More on International Distribution
- My next podcast features Reiner Moritz, the legendary distributor / producer of ARTS & MUSIC performances and documentaries.
- “How Much? The Financial ‘Rule of Thumb’ for Co-pro’s, Acquisitions & Pre-sales” by Bo Stehmeier at MIPDoc 2014.
- “How to Work with a Boutique Distributor” is Pauline Mazenod‘s unique insider’s look into selling specialist documentaries at MIPTV.
- And don’t miss “How Much? The ‘Rule of Thumb’ for Co-pro’s, Acquisitions and Pre-sales” by Bo Stehmeier, who preceded Ludo at Off The Fence.