Industry legend Ellen Windemuth is CEO of WaterBear Network, the new free streaming platform dedicated to the future of our planet.
Ellen was founder and CEO of Off The Fence, and has produced more than 500 hours of programs including this year’s Academy Award documentary winner MY OCTOPUS TEACHER.
In conversation with SEASON OF THE OSPREY filmmaker Jacob Steinberg, Ellen shares her lifelong passion to connect the art of filmmaking with wildlife conservation.
Listen to Ellen Windemuth
Our OSPREY outreach campaign celebrates this magnificent species, and covers in a detailed case study the making of our inspiring wildlife film.
In previous podcasts:
- PBS‘s Bill Gardner describes how Jacob’s osprey pitch reel ‘popped’ against the criteria that he uses to evaluate documentary projects, leading to the coproduction between WNET’s NATURE series and Love Nature.
- Dr. Alan Poole is a leading osprey scientist and author of OSPREYS: THE REVIVAL OF A GLOBAL RAPTOR. In a fascinating conversation with Melanie Wallace, Alan describes the magnificent osprey, its evolution to become a superb fish-hunter, annual migrations that can cross hemispheres, the role of the nest, its tender raising of its chicks, the species’ recovery from the path to extinction, and much more.
- Next podcast: Janet Hess, series editor for NATURE reveals her process for writing a primetime NATURE special.
- My podcast with Ellen Windemuth reveals MY OCTOPUS TEACHER‘s long journey from a South African kelp forest to the Academy Award.
- Join the Waterbear community: take action for conservation through filmmaking!
- Read more about SEASON OF THE OSPREY at our special outreach platform.