In this week’ podcast, veteran unscripted producer Michael Hoff shares his Takeaways on the Realscreen Summit.
- Realscreen was held in New Orleans for the first time this year.
- Michael is President & Executive Producer of Hoff Productions.
Key Takeaways include:
- Michael says that network executives are regaining their footing after enduring the recent hard impacts of cord-cutting on their cable / satellite business models.
- Buyers arrived at the market confident that they know what they want.
- He experienced greater flexibility about price points, deals, co-productions and creative partnerships.
- There’s a swing back to a focus on regular primetime programming versus the all-in strategy of betting on million + dollar, A-Lister specials to compete with Netflix.
- And much, much more…
Podcast: Listen to Michael Hoff’s Realscreen Takeaways
- Michael can be reached at email@example.com.
- Read about Hoff Productions.
- Listen to my 2018 podcast with Michael when we discussed program development trends and “the pitch materials arms race.”
- My first ever podcast was with StoryCentric’s Ed Hersh on The Obamas’ Output Deal With Netflix. Don’t miss Ed’s Takeaways on Netflix‘s A-Lister strategy.
- And last week’s conversation was with veteran distribution strategist Peter Broderick about his Sundance Film Festival Takeaways