The criminally disastrous Fyre Music Festival was covered in two documentary features that were released in January 2019:
- hulu reports 30 million subscribers against Netflix‘s 158 million.
- hulu was the surprise clear winner.
- That’s per the ‘audience engagement’ measurement developed by Parrot Analytics:
- Courtney Williams is Head of Partnerships, Parrot Analytics.
- In our ‘pod-versation’, we explore explanations for ‘underdog’ hulu’s stronger performance.
- Parrot’s Fyre data (above) serves as a mini-case study in measuring ‘active participation in content’.
- Courtney describes how Parrot’s tools are used by his clients, ranging from content giants to documentary producers.
Listen to Courtney Williams
- How to Measure and Value Audiences for Unscripted Programs with Courtney Williams
- Global Demand for Food Programs with Parrot Analytics’ Insights Director Karina Dixon
- Trends in How Americans View, Measure and Value Programs with Byron Media’s Dr John Morse
About Parrot Analytics
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system.
Parrot Analytics captures an unprecedented spectrum of actual audience behavior including video streaming consumption, social media, blogging platforms, file-sharing and peer-to-peer consumption spanning 100+ countries. This enables media companies, for the very first time, to understand audience demand for content across all content distribution platforms in all markets around the world.
Thanks to Parrot Analytics!
My thanks to Parrot Analytics for sponsoring my original coverage of trends in audience analytics. Parrot’s sponsorship helps DocumentaryBusiness.com to thrive as a free newsletter that provides valuable context and analysis for documentary and unscripted video professionals.