CuriosityStream is the subscription video online service created by Discovery founder John Hendricks to serve the audience that loves classic factual programs.
- Clint Stinchcomb is a veteran of the Discovery senior executive team. He went on to start up and lead other digital and traditional media franchises, and is now president and CEO of CuriosityStream.
- My “pod-versation” with Clint covers his mission and the highlights of managing a competitive SVOD/OTT operation in the competitive “Netflix Era.”
- He outlines CuriosityStream‘s genres (20% Science), hours offered (around 3,000), sources of acquisitions, formats (30% of programs are less than 19 minutes), typical deal terms, and more.
- We explore the key drivers of subscription and retention in the DTC (direct-to-consumer) video economy.
PODCAST (27 minutes)
Clint Stinchcomb, president and CEO of CuriosityStream
COPRODUCTION CASE STUDY
- My conversation with Clint provides insights into CuriosityStream’s role as the U.S. copro partner on the 1.6 million Euro POMPEII RISING project.
- I talked at length with Gedeon Productions’ Stephane Milliere and CuriosityStream’s Steve Burns.
- And I’m honored to be moderating the Sunny Side “Alliance Doc International Coproduction” panel with Stephane, France TV’s Caroline Behar and Little Big Story’s Sophie Parrault.
More on CuriosityStream’s Strategy
- Don’t miss the really interesting podcast between VideoNuze super-analysts Colin Dixon & Will Richmond concerning CuriosityStream’s vast addressable, global market and the opportunity to reach it.
- Colin had several takeaways after listening to a podcast with company founder John Hendricks.
- They also discuss challenges CuriosityStream and other DTC (direct-to-consumer) streaming services face.