In these hectic early weeks of the crisis, I thought that it would be helpful to take some time out to reflect on the seismic changes that our industry is experiencing.
Veteran consultant Ed Hersh joins me in a pod-versation to provide a cautious snapshot for our colleagues.
We focus on three questions:
- Is there a shift in the video preferences of American viewers?
- How are network programmers responding?
- How can producers prepare for the eventual recovery?
Podcast: Listen to my conversation with Ed Hersh (23 mins).
About Ed Hersh
Ed Hersh is a veteran senior consultant who focuses on story-telling. He has enjoyed a distinguished career as a programming executive and producer.
Here is the link to Ed Hersh’s StoryCentric consulting practice.
Our Previous Podcasts
- How documentary story-telling is changing in the Netflix Era, and what it means for producers.
- Trends in program acquisition and pitching – in which we explore the Obama’s announced output deal with Netflix.