Asian Side of the Doc is a must-attend coproduction platform and program sales market for documentaries and specialist factual in Asia.
Asian Side of the Doc 2015 follows the sold-out success in Chengdu (China) last year:
- 1500m² market
- 120 exhibiting companies
- 130 decision makers
- 650 documentary professionals from 45 countries.
The 6th edition of Asian Side of the Doc will take place in the beautiful city of Xiamen, on the South-East coast of China, from March 17-20, 2015.
The marketplace event will feature four days of:
- A sales market
- Pitching sessions with cash prizes
- In-depth panels and discussions about emerging content and new platforms
- One-to-one meetings
- “Hands on knowledge” workshops
- Valuable networking and social events leading to new business opportunities and real deal making.
Asian Side of the Doc provides unprecedented access to leading Asian and global documentary decision makers, commissioners, funders, advisors and buyers.
This year’s market is your unique opportunity to meet Chinese channels CCTV2, CCTV4, CCTV7, CCTV9, CCTV10, CCTV12 and international broadcasters including :
France Ô (France), TVK – National Television of Cambodia, Al Jazeera Documentary Channel (Qatar), BBC (United Kingdom), ARD/NDR (Germany), Channel News Asia (Singapore), RTBF (Belgium), Knowledge Network (Canada), Nikkatsu Corporation (Japan) Life Inspired TV Asia (Malaysia), Rialto Channel (New Zeland), A+E Networks Asia (China and Singapore), ABS-CBN Corporation (The Philippines), UR – Swedish Educational Broadcasting (Sweden), TAL TV Television America Latina (Brazil), National Geographic Channel (South Korea), TVC Televisiò de Catalunya (Spain), PBS International (United States), Phoenix Satellite TV Co. Ltd. (Hong Kong), RTV Rajawali Televisi (Indonesia), Rai Educational (Italy), mi Media International (Malaysia), ntv7 & 8TV (Malaysia), Island Broadcasting Company (the Maldive Islands), TVP 1 Telewizja Polska (Poland), DaAi Tv (Taiwan), PTS Public Television Service (Taiwan), National Geographic Channel (Taiwan), EBS (South Korea), KBS (South Korea), Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (Singapore) and many more…
Open for Partnerships!
Find an international co-production partner and/or financing in Xiamen!
Asian Side of the Doc 2015 will spotlight:
- New Asian talents and original concepts that are appealing to an international audience on the following topics: Science, Discovery, Wildlife, History, Economy, Arts & Culture, Global Issues and Lifestyle (view Asian Side’s call for projects)
- Potential Asian partners to finance your projects and develop “Asia to Asia” and “Asia to the rest of the world” co-productions
- Chinese buyers in demand for finished programs
Please note key deadlines in connection with the market:
- To register online and appear in the printed catalogue: February 15.
- Final date to register online: March 6.
Documentarytelevision.com Real Deal
- Register for Asian Side of the Doc by February 15 and get an additional project or programme to showcase for free.
- Once registered, just email your name and company name to email@example.com with the subject line
« I LOVE DOCTV ».
- The deadline for projects submissions is extended to February 12th (by noon, GMT+1).
ASD Chengdu, 2014