Kickstarter and its crowd-funding peers are not an easy path to success.
- Since Kickstarter’s launch in 2009, 13,049 launched projects have earned $108.4 mn in total commitments.
- However, only 38% or 4,815 projects met their funding targets.
- These successful appeals raised $92.7 mn.
- That’s an average of only $19,257.70 for each successful project.
- The unsuccessful projects raised an average of around $1,900!
- There’s no shortage of competition.
- According to Kickstarter, there were 169 Live documentary projects in mid-September.
- Read last week’s post on the Top 11 All Time Kickstarter hits.
- The amazing new record in the documentary category is for a film about Bill Nye The Science Guy. 16,850 backers pledged $859,425!
- And don’t miss our detailed, multi-post Kickstarter Case Studies: Plimpton! and An Honest Liar.
- Lus advice From Kickstarter: Videos on how to succeed here…
Update: Kickstarter Focus
- Kickstarter’s founders just turned their backs on the IPO pot of gold to reaffirm their altruisitic, non-profit mission.
- Read The New York Times coverage here.