Here are the numbers that highlight the success of Sunny Side of the Doc 2021.
- Industry professionals: 1,500
- Decision Makers: 380
- Women: 58.5%
- Countries: 58
- Companies registered: 891
- International: 68%
- Exhibitors: 310
- Contacts made: 1,025
- Visits: 57,000
- Projects/Programs: 475
- One-to-one meetings: +1,000
- Messages exchanged: 16,360
- Hours of industry sessions: 53
- Total sessions viewers: 6,126
- Sessions average note: 4.3/5
- SSD Guides views: 1,740
- Twitter followers: 8,444 (+371)
- Facebook likes: 7,500 (+342)
- Instagram followers: 1,700 (+550)
Pitches + Submissions
- 260 project submissions from 37 countries
- 42 pitches + 10 projects Talent Hub (Women/Central & Eastern Europe
- 5 Works in Progress (Central & Eastern Europe)
- 13 XR experiences (PiXii Festival)
- 14 Award Winners from France (4), Poland (3), Spain, Portugal, Norway, Germany, Serbia-Balkans, Belgium.
- Read more… Here’s the link!
Most Viewed Session
- Netflix’s Kate Townsend (UK) & Dolores Emile (France) talk about development and pitching
- To capture the key trends on who’s buying, read the full French and International press coverage of Sunny Side 2021 HERE.
- It’s no small feat to maintain a vibrant and well-supported conference in the 2nd year of Covid.
- That only happened because of the vision, passion, talent and hard work of the Sunny Side exec team and their support staff.
- Congrats and thanks!!
- I just can’t wait to return to beautiful La Rochelle in 2022!
Upcoming Coverage of Sunny Side 2021
- My Meet The Executive sessions with PBS’s Sylvia Bugg and Ford Foundation’s Cara Mertes.
- My post on a radical shift in programming strategy at Smithsonian Networks.
Sunny Side Decision Makers Guide
- Coming soon: the “indispensable” new and updated guide to documentary decision-makers.
- Watch out for more info and purchase instructions in Documentary Business.